Application Performance Engineer – Wire Data Analytics
We are looking for consultants to expand and strengthen our consulting team that helps our customers implement Application Performance Management (APM) solutions. You must carry out tasks both remote and onsite at our Danish and international customers’ locations. The APM market is one of the fastest growing segments of the IT industry and Avenida is the Nordic leader regarding both consultants and software development.
● Deployment and implementation of Application Performance Management (APM) solutions, based primarily on ExtraHop Wire Data Analytics, but also to some extent other technologies, including proprietary solutions and add-ons
● Special adaptation of the solutions mentioned above, focusing on adopting solutions across the customer’s organization – such as development, testing, operation, management, marketing etc. to ensure value creation for the customer
● Instrumentation of critical applications, including setting up the “custom dashboards” for the customer’s business, operations and development
● Depending on your experience level, you will also to some degree perform RCA on behalf of the customer and you will participate in pre-sales work with Proof of Value (PoV), Business Value Assessments (BVA) and technical demos.
You will play an important part in all phases of engagement with the customer – from the pre-sale (demo and PoV/PoC) to design and implementation, as well as subsequent assistance and support. Beyond that, it is up to you and your ambitions how far you will take this. The job contains many opportunities like training to teach and provide training certification of customers. You choose from the professional options that occur.
We imagine that you have some years of experience as network technician with a good understanding of applications, including knowledge of the most common development languages (.NET, Java, PHP etc.). It is obviously an advantage if you have experience in a consultancy role and/or performance engineering/RCA/trouble-shooter
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
● Minimum 3 years of experience in Information Technology, particularly networking and systems administration
● Experience in customer-facing positions; excellent interpersonal skills
● Understanding of core networking principles (layers 2 through 4 of the OSI model) and application protocols (HTTP, SQL, CIFS/NFS, HL7, Memcache, DNS)
● Familiarity with principles of web based applications and related technologies (HTTP, databases, caching, distributed systems, etc.)
● A knack for logical thinking and personable, persuasive argumentation skills that support network and application debugging alongside fellow experts
● Excellent written communication skills (as we have international clients, much of our communication is in English)
● Independence, motivation, and desire for practice ownership
Every day, you will be challenged by the sharpest of colleagues who feel at ease with technical IT challenges. We are probably a bit geeky – in a good way – and you can take your professionalism to new heights when cooperating with colleagues from around the world. Plus:
● An attractive salary package with the possibility of performance-related bonus
● A job among some of Scandinavia’s most skilled, experienced and specialized performance consultants
● Offices at Vibenshuset in Copenhagen, recently refurbished premises with a private rooftop terrace overlooking the city
● Working in close contact with some of the greatest Nordic companies
Submit your application at email@example.com. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact: Jesper Geisler on firstname.lastname@example.org
Avenida specializes in Application Performance Management (APM) and IT Operations & Analytics (ITOA). Our engineers are among the best and most experienced in performance tuning and monitoring of business-critical applications and infrastructure. We work with some of the largest companies in Retail, Finance & Production, helping them to achieve and maintain optimal performance of their IT systems and their business. Our skills and deliveries span a wide range of applications including eCommerce, Mobile Apps, Citrix, Dynamics (AX, NAV, CRM) and various customized applications. At Avenida, we conduct our own software development, but we also partner up with leading third-party manufacturers of solutions for APM and ITOA. More at www.avenida.dk